Yes, that's the only question at this point -- several approaches are available:

The point is whether we need to solve this right now for the Beta to
be released -- or whether this is something that we need to solve in
order to graduate from the incubator, which is not at all what the
Beta release is about. We know there are various items to still work
on for IP clearance to complete, though we have made a lot of progress
already specifically in the context of rc3:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Beta+rc3

Gj