A place where your help (and everyone else's help) is really needed is here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pulls

Those are pull requests and they're in a queue, some having been there
longer than others. It would help if you would add comments to the pull
requests, to the extent that you understand the pull request and what it is
trying to do. I.e., pull request reviews are needed so that we have at
least one or two people looking at a request before we merge it.

Thanks,

Gj