On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I setup cygwin64 on windows 10. Thanks to your tips I update to i686*
> tools chain.
>  I add to static link libgcc, libstdc++ and also add -static lpthread to
> get it works.
>
>  Artefact are huge now but I was able test some code to check for jdk9
> compatibility.
>
>  The remaining issue are:
>  how  to generate the platform-launcher-9.0beta.zip and launcher.zip,
>  how to populate the external binaries repository with those artefact

When I was thinking of this, I was thinking it would be in line with the
Apache approach to create a separate release with just the launchers (this
wouldn't quite require moving that ouside of the repo, it could be a task
to simply pack a piece of the big repo). That would be sources and
convenience binaries. Should be reasonably small. And when building the
IDE, the convenience binaries for launchers would be downloaded and
incorporated to the built IDE. I assume some work will be needed to setup
such a release. It would be ideal if the convenience binaries would be
uploaded to Maven. Upload to the legacy binary repository requires commit
rights to hg.netbeans.org.

Are there build machines at Apache that have mingw? It would be definitely
good to have an "official" build.

Thanks,
     Jan