I think it is not really about Performance, I mean yes it is a part of it, but
for me it is a mess to create the UI with atm the Mantisse Editor, which I
pointed my biggest breakpoint fewer in the thread. Sure, it is one Point but
for me it was never been easier to create good, nice, fancy how ever you want
that the UI Looks like, UIs with my/web Technologies. Years ago we had
WinForms, looked like Win NT and 95 style. Now we want to create nice UIs,
century save not UIs decades ago. Sure it could be possible, but not that easy.
Then you have Win32 API to create the UIs via real C/C++ Code. Then you have Qt
to QXML where you create the UI with XML, like in Android. It is XML. HTML is
for sure a bit different from XML but the way is clear I think.

JavaFX was for me an alternative to create good looking UIs with XML based
designing and moving too. Same for C# WPF with XAML. So you can see a
similarity of those Frameworks all brings XML based UI grid with a Styling
which is similar to CSS because this is what works out best and you have to
full Control.

Why I didn’t use JavaFX much, because, I tried to search, whether there is a
way to create UIs, only the UIs with binding and interaction in HTML, because
this is my eco System, my daily Business, I know much of it to know how to
write it and been fast to create such UIs, you are working with Swing or JavaFX
and you are fast with those Technologies. The Thing is, HTML is an alternative,
it shouldn’t be a Limitation to say not swing, not javafx only HTML, it should
be possible to say, hey we have Swing OR JavaFX or HTML so why not using it, if
it is still possible?

At the Moment, what Ionic does and HTML4J, they use the WebView so a Little
browser to render the HTML, but there could be an other Approach, what
NativeScript does. It maps the UI to native controls or CodenameOne too, I
think. This could be also good, if you think HTML within the WebView could be
slows down the application. Just map (easier to say, I know) to native swing or
javafx controls or whatever.

Cheers

Chris

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10