Hello Antonio.
Preventing any API changes would de-facto stop most of the development for
an unknown period (who knows how long the 2nd donation will take, I don't
dare to estimate). However I understand your concern I also use many
modules from 8.2 (JavaScript, Python, Eclipse formatter, etc.) in the
latest development build and I want them to work.

Luckily we don't have to freeze the API. We just need it to be compatible.
Thus I suggest to ban any _incompatible changes_ (especially to publicly
available signature).

We do that most of the time, but these days it is more important. We really
have a "business reason" to keep compatibility. There are tons of plugins
written against 8.2 and nobody is going to rewrite them to new NetBeans
version anytime soon (never in some cases).

If we keep binary backward compatibility, we will be sure that old plugins
(at least) link with new NetBeans.
-jt