Hi,

I am thinking about implementing a complex multi-knobs slider UI component for
my
netbeans platform apps. I need knobs build from several bitmaps, which can be
dragged
and moved separatly and a scale with ticks and an arbitrary count of bitmaps
overlayed on
the slider to mark specific positions/events, which also should be movable.

Some years ago I have implemented a simple version of this with Swing and I
learn that it is
not easy to implement all the look-and-feel-stuff correctly. I also had
problems with the scale
and ticks.

Now I have followed the interesting discussion about HTML versus Swing etc.

Maybe it makes sense for me to give HTML for JAVA API

http://bits.netbeans.org/html+java/1.5.1/index.html

a try to implement a better version of my multi-knob slider based on
html5/css/javascript?

Can somebody help me to find some starting points?

I know html well but I havnt  implemented any ui component with web
technologies. I was
satisfied with Swing but I am curios to try something new.

I havnt found any good html-example for what I want. Only the functionality of
multi-knobs
there are many examples e.g.

https://github.com/FCOO/jquery-time-slider

Maybe the first step cauld be to bring this bases on htmo for java api into my
netbeans
platform api. But I have no idea what all is needed to do this.

Or do you think it will be easier to follow the good old Swing?

best regards
Oliver