On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org
> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >... NetBeans has native Windows launchers to start on Windows, and we
> needed to
> > update them. So I tried here:
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/573 ...
>
> Can you summarize what the mentor-related issue is? Distributing
> binaries instead of source code? Something else?

IDE sources contain launcher sources, and IDE binaries contain launcher
binaries (downloaded at build time), as we do now, so no big difference
there, I think.

The two main questions here are related to stuff against which the lauchers
are build and liked:
-the launchers include jni.h - I suspected using jni.h from (Open)JDK might
be troublesome; but luckily, there is Apache Harmony, and their jni.h works
fine (or seems so, at least). So, I've included the jni.h and jni_types.h
from Apache Harmony, and the launchers are compiled against them. Given
this is under Apache License, Version 2.0, I assume that is OK, right?
-the launchers use libstdc++ (and libgcc, when compiled using gcc) and are
built using MinGW. Looking at "GCC RUNTIME LIBRARY EXCEPTION", this should
be OK, right?
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/license.html

Thanks,
    Jan