I am not certain I understand Tim's comments because I was not around for
the "great debate of 2004".

If the process used to compress a dmg image makes jar files unusable, why
was NetBeans 8.x pkg compressed that way or was it not?

I suspect he was trying to say the pkg installer (which it now does) is
preferred but the compression comment confused me.

On the other hand, there was another comment about the installation
location.

The reason I asked in advance of creating anything, was so that I would not
step on any toes or get blasted after the fact.  So much for that...thanks
all for the warm welcomes. :)

Carl

--
Carl J. Mosca