I'm curious what made you say this. Is it the download size or something else?

Personally I'm finding the ergonomics module interesting as a
technique but un-ergonomic for end-users. I'm not entirely certain
it's even clear the modules are 'local'.

And folks using the IDE for PHP are highly unlikely to use the IDE for C/C++.

What this complicates is only the download page. Having a matrix looks
odd for users. I guess this might explain why IntelliJ has different
sub-brands (PHPStorm, etc).

--emi

http://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!