On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 13:56, Christian Lenz <christian.l...@gmx.net> wrote:

> +1 for 11.0 for almost everything. No Need to Change it from 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 to
> 10 or 11. There was no reason for that of changing it. My 2 cents

Sorry, I disagree with that point.  NetBeans 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 were
quite distinct releases with additions in functionality.  There was a
reason for changing it, with the idea of just incrementing the major
number for each release with additional functionality.  If that's
going to be the case then I don't think the patch number should be in
the splash, on the website, other public places etc. because that
means it has to be updated every time there's a bug fix release.

Personally, I have no strong opinion either way, but if a possible NB
11.1 in June is intended to be literally just a minor release, then
makes sense to keep the workload down and call this NB11 in a lot of
places.

2c

Best wishes,

Neil