Well, all I am wishing for is clarity and consistency.

Though as humans, naming a baby creates a real active discussion, however the most important thing is that it should be healthy.

There were a few attempts on this list to bring up the topic every attempt died with time without actually having this issue resolved.

I do understand everyone's opinion, but after all, we need to settle this one and focus on other tasks, and while I can read through every email on this topic here, I see that either we act like a community and vote or just let somebody to make a decision for us. See: https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#reasons-for-votes

So the top tree option usually are:

1. Keep it simple one number: 11
2. Keep the tradition, have a minor version: 11.0
3. Use calendar versioning: 2019.03

Using codenames, like moons or chemical elements, or using codenames at all is another topic. Let's not deal with that now.

Well Apache does not say anything about multi-option votes, though I think we can handle 3 threads.