I agree that things get a bit confusing with the renaming of Java EE to
Jakarta EE. If this wasn't the case I wouldn't like any renaming at all. As
far as I can tell the current separation of "Java Web" and "Java EE" hasn't
caused any confusion among NetBeans users.

I'm not sure I like the words "Legacy" or "Vintage", as some may interpret
these as having negative connotations. There are still many projects out
there that use EAR files and EJBs. EJBs in particular suffer from the bad
rep EJB 2 had, where EJB 3 is a whole different beast, very easy and simple
to use. Moving EJBs to a "Legacy" or "Vintage" category may reinforce the
bad reputation from EJB 2. Additionally, I still see a fair amount of
projects using EAR Files (mostly maintenance of existing code).

I like Ondro's idea of using "Java Enterprise", which would cover both Java
EE and Jakarta EE.