One concern I have with me being PPMC chair is some future article by
someone ending with “...and with an Oracle product manager chairing Apache
NetBeans, Oracle is still in control of the project”. Of course, if I am
not the PPMC chair, that same article will end with “...and with a
non-Oracle contributor as PPMC chair, Oracle has now truly dumped NetBeans”.

So, maybe we shouldn’t focus on this concern.

>From my perspective, I am not opposed to Kevin’s succession plan — me as
chair, with me liaising with Glenn Holmer and preparing him to take over.
Of course, this would need to be voted on, one vote thread for me now, and
in a year from now a new thread for Glenn.

Anyway, these are my personal thoughts and anyone is free to disagree or
simply start a vote thread, so that this part of our graduation to top
level project can be completed.

Gj