Big +1

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2016, at 18:30, Andy LoPresto
<alopresto.apa...@gmail.com<mailto:alopresto.apa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I am considering writing unit tests in for new development/regression testing
in Groovy. There are numerous advantages to this [1][2] (such as map coercion,
relaxed permissions on dependency injection, etc.). Mocking large and complex
objects, such as NiFiProperties, when only one feature is under test is
especially easy. I plan to write "Java-style" unit tests, but this would also
make TDD/BDD frameworks like Spock or Cucumber much easier to use.

I figured before doing this I would poll the community and see if anyone
strongly objects? In previous situations, I have created a custom Maven profile
which only runs when triggered (by an environment variable, current username,
etc.) to avoid polluting the environment of anyone who doesn't want the Groovy
test dependencies installed.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

[1] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-pg11094/index.html
[2]