I work around the problem by stopping the PutKafka processor, changing its
partitioning strategy from Random to RoundRobin. Afterwards, I stopped it and
changed it back, and it continued worked fine.  The flow I had was from an
older version of NiFi. I’m guessing its some sort of upgrade issue?

On 3/25/16, 2:47 PM, "McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)"
<chris.mcderm...@hpe.com> wrote:

>I’m running the latest from master which I built myself.  I’m encountering the
>follow PutKafka error.  Any suggestions?
>

>Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to create partitioner
>        at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.kafka.KafkaPublisher.<init>(KafkaPublisher.java:75)
>  ~[na:na]
>        at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.kafka.PutKafka.createKafkaPublisher(PutKafka.java:282)
>  ~[na:na]
>        ... 14 common frames omitted
>Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException: kafka.producer.DefaultPartitioner
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:427) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
>        at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.kafka.KafkaPublisher.<init>(KafkaPublisher.java:70)
>  ~[na:na]
>        ... 15 common frames omitted
>Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>kafka.producer.DefaultPartitioner.<init>()
>        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3082) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:412) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
>        ... 16 common frames omitted
>

>Thanks,
>Chris
  • Kafka error running... McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)
    • Re: Kafka erro... McDermott, Chris Kevin (MSDU - STaTS/StorefrontRemote)