Github user mcgilman commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/452#issuecomment-220469545

    @alopresto Great comment about the UserService. The reason we cannot do
that directly is the extension point that is getting discovered is an
Authorizer. However, this did make me think of possibly changing the
MutableAuthorizer into an abstract class which implements (and marks final) the
authorize() method. Then the MutableAuthorizer would simply handle
User/Group/Policy persistence. Maybe the name changes too... something like
AbstractPolicyBasedAuthorizer. The NiFi internal implementation would look like

    `class FileAuthorizer extends AbstractPolicyBasedAuthorizer`

    We'll hash out some of the details and update the PR accordingly. May be a
good place to handle duplicate detection and whatnot.

---
with INFRA.
---