Github user bbende commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/513

    Ryan, thanks for submitting this PR!

    Is it possible that we could remove the dependency on hbase-client here?

    The reason being is that the hbase processor bundle purposely didn't
include the hbase-client and instead used the hbase-client-service (which is
where the hbase-client depndency is). This means that someone could implement
an hbase-client-service for another version of hbase, such as 0.94 and the
processors don't have to change at all. I think adding this dependency here
would make that not possible because a specific version of hbase-client would
now be bundled with the processors.

    Seems like the reason for the dependency was to use the Bytes class that
provides the conversion, which makes total sense. I'm wondering if we could
look at what the code is doing and possibly write our own util, or if there is
some other utility library to do this maybe we can use that.

    Thoughts?

---
with INFRA.
---