Github user jvwing commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/532

    I ran through the following steps to test this fix:

    1. Confirm the bug
     a. Built a template on master/1.0 branch with a process group
     b. Exported the template
     c. Confirmed that process group content was not in the exported XML file
     d. Confirmed that template could not be imported into a different NiFi (it
imports into the same NiFi OK, because the IDs match?)

    2. Verify the fix
     a. Exported the same template using the fix code
     b. Verified that the exported XML contained the process groups
     c. Verified that the template can be imported into a second NiFi
     d. Verified that the template can be run in the second NiFi

    Everything worked great up to step 2d, running the imported template in the
second NiFi.  After CTRL-A selecting everything and clicking Run, I got this
nastygram: `LocalPort[name=stuff to
log,id=9c17cb62-4df3-4122-ab36-44f290dc2bce] is not a member of this Process
Group`

    Which is a reference to an input port in a Process Group nested in a
Process Group.  Manually navigating around the flow and starting all of the
components worked fine without errors.  I get a similar error stopping the
flow.

    The id "9c17..." is not in the template XML file.  From poking around at
the API it does exist, it is the "stuff to log" input port as expected in my
template.  The parent-child relationships between Process Groups and Input
Ports looked OK to the untrained eye.  What make this weirder is that I get a
comparable error on the original NiFi I exported the template from.  So I'm not
sure this is a problem specific to this fix.

[TestNiFi1941FixTemplate.xml.txt](https://github.com/apache/nifi/files/319518/TestNiFi1941FixTemplate.xml.txt)
    Matt, are you aware of this issue, and do you experience this importing and
running the attached template?

---
with INFRA.
---