Github user JPercivall commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/556

    I am trying to parse my downloads folder again and I came across a couple
exceptions (will post in other comment) but as I try to figure why it happened
I realize that since ExtractMediaMetatadata doesn't emit a provenance event for
the failure transfer so don't get any details. It would be nice to include in
the catch block:
    ` session.getProvenanceReporter().route(flowFile, FAILURE, "Failed to
extract media metadata due to " + e);`

---
with INFRA.
---