Tony,

I tend to agree with your view but I was under the impression the proposed
change does not make changes to NiFi itself?

Correct me if I am wrong - maven still feels quite cryptic to me - but my
understanding was that the PR only configures tests to be ran with a
particular variable java option "-Djava.awt.headless=true" (via a
configuration of the surefire plugin within the master pom.xml)?

It may be just me, but I have a feeling the result would be the testing
phase being more deterministic, reducing the importance of environment
components in the build / test process?

Having said that, happy to go with what the team finds better

Cheers