thanks Mark, I think I fixed it , here is how, I had a processor  still left
on the flow diagram, so what I did was renamed the custom processor  to  its
old name, redeployed the nar file, deleted the custom processor  from the
flow, and renamed it back again to a new name, redeployed the nar file.How
ever I learnt something new from your answer that there is a flow.xml.gz. I
acknowledge you suggested a similar solution.We are using 0.6 nifi version.