Hello,

I'm not totally sure, but it seems like that error is saying that you are
running Java 8, and the sqljdbc4.jar is not compatible with Java 8.

>From reading the system requirements when downloading the SQL Server's JDBC
Driver, it says:

   Version support for Java Runtime Environments (JRE) and the associated
   JDBC API versions are determined by the included JAR files as follows:
   • Sqljdbc.jar requires a JRE of 5 and supports the JDBC 3.0 API
   • Sqljdbc4.jar requires a JRE of 6 and supports the JDBC 4.0 API
   • Sqljdbc41.jar requires a JRE of 7 and supports the JDBC 4.1 API
   • Sqljdbc42.jar requires a JRE of 8 and supports the JDBC 4.2 API

I wonder if the sqljdbc42.jar would work.

-Bryan