Thanks for the answers Russell and Manish.

It appears that it was an issue with the port 8000, when I moved it to
something random then Nifi would start up.

I¹m connecting to an EC2 that I¹ve set up because I need to test some AWS
communication. Now that I have Nifi running, I¹m trying to connect with
the debugger and getting the following error:

Error running AWS Nifi: Unable to open debugger port
(xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5500): java.net.ConnectionException ³Operation timed out²

Does this seem like a networking error? Pretty sure my security groups
have opened up all port communication if coming from my IP.

Keren