Here’s the mail I got recently for my problem
I have the same issue as Jeffrey.e.Lamb and I think your reply misses a key
point. I want to turn Activity Reporting ON, but leave Web Filtering OFF as
(for now) I only want to monitor sites my children use.
But even with Web Filtering set to OFF, I get an "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"
error from Chrome trying to open google.com and other https sites - I have
to change from Child to Standard account or disable Family Safety altogether
for it to work.  This seems pretty useless.
Strangely IE11 tells me that google.com has an invalid security certificate,
rather than block access.

Or otherwise try this:  http://www.deskdecode.com/err_connection_closed/
<http://www.deskdecode.com/err_connection_closed/>