+1 (non-binding)

But want to add that we now have the (small) burden of making sure the
developer docs, etc. are crystal clear on how all the sub-projects and repos
fit together. More sub-projects and repos means harder for new people to get
started and understand. Let’s not lose the simplicity of the build and install.