Chris

ListenSMTP is essentially an email server. This processor essentially allows
you to send emails to it. So by running it you are starting a simple email
server.
That said something is obviously not going well on your end. Any firewalls or
other specific networking setup that you have that may cause it?
Anyway, you must have some stack traces to share.

Cheers
Oleg