May I humbly suggest y'all check out the Apache Yetus project?

http://yetus.apache.org/

It includes a framework for running some community decided automated
tests against new contributions and works for both JIRA attachments
and PRs in github.

http://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.4.0/precommit-basic/

It also has a stripped down tool for just doing the fetch / apply
dance called 'smart-apply-patch'.