Martin,

If you ran "gsutil ls" against the bucket from the instance using the
service account, is it able to list the bucket?  Can you describe a bit
more about how the service account's access to the bucket was configured?
Is it added to one of the project roles, explicitly granted on the bucket,
or something else?

Thanks,

James