Hi All,

This is my second attempt for some reason my email client likes to defer to my
non-registered email to write to the list, (I doubt it happened but if you
receive this twice, many apologies).

I was starting to work on the HBase record processors, and while looking around
found the AbstractRecordProcessor in org.apache.nifi.processors.standard. Best
I can tell, this is currently implemented in UpdateRecord and ConvertRecord.
However, AbstractRecordProcessor extends AbstractProcessor with the addition
record-specific logic, thus making it a slightly better starting point from
which to create a record-based processor. I was wondering wether it makes sense
to move the AbstractRecordProcessor to  nifi-api from where it currently lives
int the nifi-nar-bundles (under the standard processors).

As a follow on to this, does it make sense to create a maven archetype that
basically has the shell of a record based processor (essentially a light
implementation of AbstractRecordProcessor)?

Thanks!
Chris