Hi Michael,

Those two points are definitely good ones to help make the decision.
For the second point, it doesn't necessarily have to be an enormous
set of dependencies, it could be just one dependency that the new
processors need that is in conflict with what the standard processors
are already using.

For this case it looks like about 20 JARs get brought in by the gRPC
and Netty dependencies,...I don't think any of them necessarily cause
a problem for standard processors, but with that plus the code
generation, I would learn towards a separate NAR.

A separate NAR also helps from a deployment perspective... its easier
to give someone a separate NAR to add to their existing install, and
when the extension registry comes about it would be easier to publish
a gRPC NAR rather than have to publish the whole standard NAR when
needing to update the gRPC processors. There are even processors that
are already in the standard NAR that should probably be broken out
once we have an extension registry.

Just my two-cents, hopefully others chime in as well.

Thanks,

Bryan