I added this new feature lately based on some needs that came up with a
client:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2063

It uses Jackson to serialize the Mongo document instead of the Mongo
Document class's toJson() which produces "extended JSON." From what I could
tell with our client's data and other testing, it works just fine.
Difference is mainly like this:

Default:

{
    "someTimeStamp": {
        "$date": 123456....
    }
}

If you select "clean JSON:"

{
    "someTimeStamp": "2017-08-11T08:18:15Z"
}

It should do the same for doubles and longs which have their own weird
representation that makes cleanup necessary for any other JSON-based
processor.