Hi,
   I've put together a proposal [1] and would like some feedback before I
begin these changes. The goal is to support a more fluid API experience
with the addition of C function calls to interact with libminifi. The goal
of this article is to discuss some initial steps to getting a usable API
from the build target we have known as libminifi.

I would love to hear any feedback. If we take this route we open the door
for many people who want the externalized C lib; however, a C interface to
C++ may not be for everyone.

Should we simply provide a C library or is this good enough for everyone?
These are questions that I ask to the community so we can make an informed
decision.

I've laid out a few pros and cons. Performance degradation, real or
imagined, will surely be the biggest con anyone can lay out, but would
appreciate more input in the comment section of the proposal.

  Thanks,
  Marc

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINIFI/
LibMiNiFi+Design+Proposal