Jim,

To be honest, I would recommend making those changes directly to the existing
PublishAMQP processor, as unless I am missing something, that does not seem
like a breaking change that would affect other users negatively. I’d suggest
opening a Jira for the feature, cloning the GitHub repository (see the
instructions in the Contributor Guide [1]), making the changes in your branch,
building and testing, and then submitting a PR (or patch) for review and
inclusion in the project. This will also require the least amount of code
manipulation (example of a commit from Andre adding EL evaluation to a property
descriptor [2]).

If you do not wish to do that, my next recommendation would be to clone the
project and create a new processor in the same Maven module (and add it to the
MANIFEST) alongside PublishAMQP (call it PublishAMQPWithEL or something) and
extend the existing PublishAMQP class and override just the specific behavior
you are interested in.

A possible, but in my opinion unnecessary, process would be to add a completely
new NAR with the existing nifi-amqp-bundle/nifi-amqp-processors artifact listed
as a dependency and perform your extension in your own NAR.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide>
[2]