> On 5 Jan 2018, at 10:17, Andrew Lim <andrewlim.apa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on the “Add Processor” window.  I’m sorry you had
> trouble identifying the right processor to use for your data flow.

As it turns out the right processor doesn't yet exist :) I'll look to create it.

> There are tags on the left of the “Add Processor” window that categorize many
> of the processors into functional groups.  For example, selecting the
> “attributes” tag would limit the processors listed to the those related to
> attributes.  Additionally, there is a Filter field at the top that can also
> be used to search processors.  More information on using tags and filters can
> be found in the documentation [1].

While this is handy there's several problems with this approach.

Tag clouds are really hard to read for visually impaired people. I am very
visually impaired and my eyes shake so it's hard to focus on this sort of UX.
lists are always better. Given that, an "enrichment" tag would be handy.

> Having said that, the UX of finding/adding a processor can definitely be
> improved.  There are two Jiras related to this effort that I am aware of
> [2][3].  If you have the opportunity to review those proposed improvements,
> additional thoughts/suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Probably my biggest suggestion overall for NiFi is for accessibility support,
it's almost non-existant and makes it really hard for folk like me who are
quite visually impaired. NiFi is almost exclusively a mouse driven tool, which
really is hard for the visually impaired.

I would imagine a categorical type browser similar to that of Atlassian
Confluence macro browser would be a better approach.

The description field can be very hard to read when text is long, the tooltip
thing doesn't help much, it would be better for this box to scroll.

Source IMHO isn't really relevant for the non-programmer or someone that didn't
install the NAR. End users should be abstracted from the implementation of
where the processors came from and good organisational standards would better
support this.

One bug that's present is a large amount of whitespace between the description
and dialog buttons.

And finally CamelCase is hard to read for variable width fonts, processor
names, it would be better for a label name to be used.