In addition to what Matt said, the reason nifi-record is marked as
provided is because it is part of nifi-standard-services-api-nar, and
if your NAR was going to do anything with a record reader/writer you
would have a NAR dependency on nifi-standard-services-api-nar so at
runtime that is where your NAR would get nifi-record from. At build
time it gets it from the provided dependency in order to compile.