If you haven't heard yet, the Apache Software Foundation was selected
as an organization for this year's Google Summer of Code [1]. I've
seen activity on other Apache projects' mailing lists requesting ideas
for issues, features, components, etc. that could be good
proposals/ideas for GSoC, and I'd like to also make that request of
this community.

As Michael Mior (of Apache Calcite PMC) eloquently put it: "It's no
guarantee we would get someone to work on it, but it could be a good
push to move some isolated bits of functionality forward that may not
get much attention otherwise."

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Matt