Hi,

Basically, there are 'n' number of databases that we are dealing with. We
need to fetch the data from the source database into HDFS. Now since we are
dealing with many databases, the source database is not static and changes
every now and then. And every time the source database changes we manually
need to change the value for the connection parameters in
DBCPConnectionPool. Now, people suggest that for 'n' databases create 'n'
connections for each database, but that is not possible because 'n' is a
big number and creating that many connections in DBCPConnectionPool is not
possible. So we were looking for a way where we can specify all the
connection parameters in a file present in our local system and then make
the DBCPConnectionPool controller service to read the values from the file.
In that way we can simply change the value in the file present in the local
system. No need to alter anything in the dataflow. But it turns out that
FlowFile attributes are not available to the controller services as the
expression language is evaluated at the time of service enable.

So can you suggest a way where I can achieve my requirement (except
'variable.registry' ) ? I am looking to develop a custom controller service
that can serve the requirement but how do I make the flowfile attributes
available to the service?