Others may know a better way to do this, but the only way I know to
truly verify the commit id is something like the following:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/nifi.git
git -C nifi checkout <commit id from vote email>
diff --brief -r <source dir from unzipped release artifacts> <clone
dir from above>

For verifying the RC was branched off the correct git commit id, you
look at the branch that was used to create the RC...

So looking at the commit from the release email shows the JIRA was
NIFI-5323 so there should be a branch like NIFI-5323-RC#:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/commits/NIFI-5323-RC1

The "prepare" commit in there should line up with the commit
referenced in the vote email, and should also be the commit referenced
in the release tag:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/commits/nifi-1.7.0-RC1