Java assumes there is one krb5.conf file loaded by the JVM. It looks
for the system property java.security.krb5.conf or falls back to
looking in well-known locations, but still only expects one [1].

NiFi requires you to set the location in nifi.properties and uses that
value to set the system property above.

There may be a way to create a single krb5.conf with multiple KDCs,
but I'm not sure exactly how to do it.

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/jgss/tutorials/KerberosReq.html