As a user of NiFi, and someone converting things to use more standard
processors, vs writing custom ones, I'd prefer smaller releases, or
possible a release that only updates Processors with the bug fixes and
improvements that went into them vs having to diff the configuration files
each upgrade.  The bigger releases, like 1.6.0 (163 updates), and 1.7.0
(191 updates) are great, but the waiting game for fixes to go into a
release seems long.  I'd love a weekly release, or even just know that once
a month there will be a 1.6.x release coming out with updates to processors.

That said, I can't wait for this fix, slated for 1.8.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5334  (GetMongo should pass
along NiFi FlowFile Attributes), love to see it in a 1.7.1.

Ryan