Hi,

I am trying to configure a PublishJMS processor to publish to a QUEUE with
a variable name using Expression Language. I set the Destination Name to
"activemq:${myid}" which uses an attribute I added to the flowfile in a
previous step

My ConsumeJMS processor works great which means that my configuration is
OK. (More on this later)

When the flowfile arrives at the PublishJMS processor, the following
bulletin warning shows up:

WARNING
PublishJMS[id=...] Failed to determine destination type from destination
name 'jms_destination'. The 'jms_destination' header will not be set

The flowfile passes through as a success, the queue is being created on my
ActiveMQ service and I can browse the message's contents in the queue.
Everything seems to be working regardless of the warning.

I took a look inside
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-jms-bundle/nifi-jms-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/jms/processors/JMSPublisher.java
where the error message is being generated. The "private Destination
buildDestination(final String destinationName)" method (line 136) seems to
be returning null.

I changed the Destination Name to "activemq:queue:${myid}" which does
contain the word "queue" and should pass the condition "if (destinationName.
toLowerCase().contains("queue"))" described on line 145. I thought the type
was derived from Destination Type but there is an actual check on the name.

What boggles my mind is that the warning keeps showing up which means that
I do not know how to diagnose from where I am at.

Do you know if this is just a simple bug/oversight? Should I be worried
about this warning?

Thank you for your time.

--
Best regards,
*Santiago Acosta Arreaza*

Prisma building, 1st floor, Office 1.5
Fotógrafo José Norberto Rguez. Díaz st., 2
San Cristobal de La Laguna, SC de Tenerife
38204, Spain

+34 922 31 56 05
www.intermodaltelematics.com