Public

Hi,
I am trying to run Nifi pod on OpenShift for several days now and unfortunately
unsuccessfully.

The error that I am getting persistently is
replacing target file /opt/nifi/nifi-current/conf/nifi.properties
sed: couldn't open temporary file /opt/nifi/nifi-current/conf/sedXGg2lo:
Permission denied

I have tried several things to resolve the issue:
My images are downloaded from https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/nifi

1.       First I run 1.10.0 image which resulted in error above

2.       Upgraded to 1.11.1 image, the error still persist

3.       Tried wrapping the above images in my own image with following
modifications to docker file (used various paths to chmod opt/ opt/nifi), still
the same error

FROM xxxRegistry/apache-nifi:1.11.1
USER root
RUN chmod -R 777 /opt
USER 1000

4.       Mounted volume opt/nifi, but this resulted in nifi properties file not
being found, so removed volume as it overwrites Nifi paths

5.       Involved OpenShift administrators to create privileged account for
nifi and altered my yml to use that account (SUPPLEMENTAL_GROUP is what all our
pods run under and sn_nif was created specially to resolve this case)

securityContext:
  supplementalGroups:
  - ${SUPPLEMENTAL_GROUP}
serviceAccount: sn-nif
serviceAccountName: sn-nif

6.       Removed securityContext to ensure serviceAccount is used
Can someone please suggest how to resolve this issue. Otherwise I will have to
give up on Nifi as I don't have any more time on this project to spend on Nifi
config.

Thank you

Natalia

Natalia Fill
Analyst Software Developer
Legal and General Investment Management
One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
020 3124 3430
www.lgim.com
This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose,
copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this message in error please reply and tell us and then delete it.
Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the
security of any data outside our own computer systems.

Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms
and conditions and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or
outside the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.

Telephone Conversations may be recorded for your protection and to ensure
quality of service

Legal & General Investment Management Limited (no 2091894), LGIM Real Assets
(Operator) Limited (no 05522016), LGIM (International) Limited (no 7716001)
Legal & General Unit Trust Managers (no 1009418), GO ETF Solutions LLP
(OC329482) and LGIM Corporate Director Limited (no 7105051) are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All are registered in England &
Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA

Legal & General Assurance (Pensions Management) Limited (no 1006112) is
authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. It is
registered in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street,
London, EC2R 5AA.

Legal & General Property Limited (no 2091897) is authorised and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities. It is
registered in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street,
London, EC2R 5AA.

LGIM Managers (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank
of Ireland (C173733). It is registered in the Republic of Ireland (no 609677)
with a registered office at 33/34 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, D02 XK09.

Legal & General Group PLC, Registered Office One Coleman Street, London, EC2R
5AA.

Registered in England no: 1417162

**** This email has come from the internet and has been scanned for all viruses
and potentially offensive content by Messagelabs on behalf of Legal & General
****