+1 (binding)

During build, I did run into a problem with unit tests:

[ERROR] Tests run: 12, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.399
s <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.nifi.web.security.oidc.StandardOidcIdentityProviderGroovyTest
[ERROR]
testConvertOIDCTokenToNiFiTokenShouldHandleBlankIdentityAndNoEmailClaim(org.apache.nifi.web.security.oidc.StandardOidcIdentityProviderGroovyTest)
  Time elapsed: 0.265 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Closure
org.apache.nifi.web.security.oidc.StandardOidcIdentityProviderGroovyTest$_testConvertOIDCTokenToNiFiTokenShouldHandleBlankIdentityAndNoEmailClaim_closure6@534c6767
 should have failed with an exception of type java.net.ConnectException,
instead got Exception javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name
matching localhost found.
        at
org.apache.nifi.web.security.oidc.StandardOidcIdentityProviderGroovyTest.testConvertOIDCTokenToNiFiTokenShouldHandleBlankIdentityAndNoEmailClaim(StandardOidcIdentityProviderGroovyTest.groovy:432)

However, this appears to be a problem with my local setup. Digging into the
code it’s attempting to make an HTTP Request to https://localhost/oidc/userInfo
I attempted the same request via curl and got a similar issue:

~ $ curl https://localhost/oidc/userInfo
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.htmlcurl failed to verify
the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

So it appears that somehow I’m not able to get a DNS name for “localhost”. Not
sure exactly what that means, but it definitely appears to be
environment-specific.
We might want to consider changing this from a Unit Test to an Integration
Test. But otherwise, all seems good.

Finished building without unit tests. Started up, verified some of the specific
1.12.0 features and 1.12.1 fixes. Didn’t notice any problems.

Thanks for putting this release together, Joe!

-Mark

On Sep 25, 2020, at 11:45 AM, Pierre Villard