I created a new bucket in NiFi Registry without making it publicly visible.
Then, I added myself to the policies on the bucket with Read, Write and
Delete permissions; I did not add the Apache NiFi server to the policies.

In Apache NiFi, I added a flow to the Registry. I could also pull this flow
from the Registry duplicating the process group in the flow.

The status of the version controlled process group indicates "?" (sync
failure). In the nifi-registry-app.log, I see a corresponding INFO message
indicating the Apache NiFi server "does not have permission to access the
requested resource" where the resource is the bucket mentioned above. I
expect this since I have not yet added the NiFi server to the policies for
the bucket.

Is this expected behavior?

I would expect that the flow could not be created in the bucket nor pulled
from the bucket until the NiFi server is added to the policies for the
bucket. Yet, I was able to perform both operations.

NiFi Registry, 0.8.0
Apache NiFi 1.11.4

Thanks,
Mark