Russ,

If you're going to process a flowfile by a processor via ProcessSession
(even if "process" does nothing but pass the FF along, unmodified), you
still need to get it from the session and subsequently transfer it to a
relationship. My suggestion was meant to indicate you can handle multiple
flowfiles in a single OnTrigger call thereby moving as many FF's at once.
In other words, only one thread allocation to this processor will move N
flowfiles versus waiting for N allocations of a thread if only moving one
at a time. This will increase throughput and assist in your "as fast as
possible" requirement.

-Mark