Thanks Mark, providing a template or comparison statistics with Java
versions and component configuration details would be very helpful. If it
is possible to run tests using a public API or deployable service, that
would also help confirm potential differences.

Showing a deprecation notice in the UI could be helpful, perhaps as a
configurable option. NIFI-8650 describes a general Flow Analysis
capability, and it seems like that might be one possible way to surface
deprecation warnings. For something more specific to component deprecation,
it seems important to find a balance between making it obvious and making
it something that ends up getting ignored.

Regards,
David Handermann