Greetings,

there are companies and organizations that strictly separate their networks for
security reasons. Such companies often use diodes to achieve this. But of
course they still have to exchange data between the networks (eg. transfer data
from ‚low‘ to ‚high‘). There are at least two kinds of diodes. Some
hardware-based ones only use one fiber optic to send data (UDP based). Others
use TCP, but prevent sending in the reverse direction.

Nifi is an amazing tool that allows data to be transferred between two separate
networks in a very flexible but also secure way. I have implemented two
processors. The first one ‚merges‘ the attributes and the content of a flowfile
and sends it to the destination. The second one listens on a TCP port, splits
attributes and content and creates a new flowfile containing all attributes of
the origin flow. You can send the flow without attributes as well. In this case
you can easily netcat a binary file to Nifi.

These two processors are useful if you do NOT have a bidirectional
communication between two NiFi instances and therefore the site-2-site
mechanism or http(s) cannot be used.

We have been using these processors for a longer period of time (exactly the
version for 1.13.2) and would like to share these processors with others. So
the question to you all is: Is someone interested in these processors or is
this use case too special?

The current source code can be found on GitHub.
(https://github.com/nerdfunk-net/diode/
<https://github.com/nerdfunk-net/diode/>)

I have also implemented a UDP based version of the processor. Due to the nature
of UDP, this is more complex and these processors are now being tested.

Best regards
Marc