Team,

Sorry for the delays in wrapping up the 1.16 release from earlier last
week.  We had great vote turnout and it was definitely a large release in
terms of features/etc..

Watching evolution on the 1.17 line since it is clear we can benefit from a
1.16.1 release so I've started preparing that and will closely monitor
candidates for inclusion.

The branch is pushed and is called 'support/nifi-1.16'.  I've already
pulled in everything on 1.17 that looks like it can work in a pure 3rd
digit release.  Some of this makes sense due to bugs found and or natural
concerns of scanners for things like springshell/etc..  In any case it is
always good to tighten up the release lines if time permits.

I'll probably start the release process tomorrow or Wednesday.  Will watch
for anything that comes in.