Hi all,

I have a question about behavior I see on one of our NiFi 1.18 clusters that
has a lot of xHDFS processors. When I look at the number of tasks in the
summary, the DeleteHDFS processors have a very high number (800-1000+) of tasks
even if they have nothing in their incoming queues. The PutHDFS and FetchHDFS
in contrast have no tasks listed when they have no files in the incoming
queues. Even though the tasks take very little time (less than 100 millis per 5
mins), I’m wondering whether this causes problems when the cluster is heavily
loaded during peak hours.

Is this a bug or some feature related to deleting files? Should I submit a
ticket?

Thanks,

Isha