Chris

My suggestion is rooted in making Java 21 the minimum of the NiFi 2.0
line.  It would not work on Java 17.  The reason for this is so that we can
leverage the longest duration of a given LTS line while also benefiting
from the language improvements that affords.  Maintaining compatibility
with future versions we generally have to do.  But whatever the minimum
version we accept dictates which language features we can leverage.  So if
it is 17 then we can't leverage anything from the 21 line for example.

GIven the nature and timelines of LTS I don't really think there is the
same burn in logic that we'd have all known in the past before the
LTS/STS/etc.. release constructs existed.

Thanks